Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Blog Anniversary Carnival

When will I get around to it?
I started blogging a year ago. I am still such a novice! So many things I've learned, but so many more I still just don't "get". That's OK. I should be used to that by now -- it's kind of the story of my life!

At any rate, in honor of my 1 year Blog-i-versary, I'm hosting my first "thingy". Y'see? I'm so new at this I don't even know what to call it. Let's call it a carnival. That sounds like fun! ;^)

First of all I need to tell you a bit about myself. Really, it's more like a confession. I have two major faults which are very detrimental to my housekeeping, child-rearing, homeschooling and marital harmony: I procrastinate and I'm flat-surface-challenged. I think the latter problem is hereditary. My mom, my aunt and I used to joke that if we were to design a house, every flat surface would be set at a 45 degree angle so that we couldn't stack stuff.

The former problem is just me. It's something I'm working on, and I know I'm not alone in the battle and THAT, my friends, is what this really fun carnival is all about! Throughout the month of November, I'm giving out free Round TUITs. There's one at the top of this post and the code to insert one on your site is right here!

The Round TUIT Round-up is all about finishing up those little, niggling projects that are cluttering our corners (in our rooms or in our minds) and stealing our peace. Do you have a pile of mending overshadowing your sewing corner? Maybe a school project isn't due till spring, but you really need to get started on it. Have you been meaning to detail the car or write Christmas cards or write a letter or send flowers to your mom? It's time to get around to it!!!

Once you have your Round TUIT at your blog, you have no more excuses! Do something you've been putting off "until I get around to it", post about it at your blog and link back here using Mr. Linky. Feel free to post once during the month, or once a week, or every other day! The more times you sign in to Mr. Linky, the more projects you're finishing and the more you're breaking the procrastination habit!!!

[BTW -- If I don't make any mistakes setting this whole carnival thing up, I'll be so shocked!!! Please send me an email or post a comment if you find a broken link or any other silly mistakes! Thanks for your patience -- ahead of time!!!]



P.S. When you sign your URL in the Mr. Linky box, be sure you insert the url of your Round-Up post, not your blog url.

Like this: http://thecoultfamily.blogspot.com/2008/09/moo-ve-over.html
Not like this: http://thecoultfamily.blogspot.com
That way we'll be able to find your post easily! Thanks!!!


3 comments:

Jennifer C. Valerie said...

Hey girl!
Happy blogversary! this round tuitt thing is just great. I wish you had done this about 2-3 wks ago. Then I had lots of projects that the Lord just kept leading me to accomplish. But anyway even though I've slowed down some because the bulk of it is done. There are still some I am working on. I am definitely in on this one. I just posted about it on my blog with a link to you for more details. When I complete another project I will post about it and enter the Mr Linky thingy.

I hope you had a great weekend and that your week is even better. I love how you decorated the outside of your home, very creative.

Anonymous said...

A big HOWDY from NE Texas. This was fun, I was taking a break from a project I had been putting off, and had even taken pictures before starting. This was fun!!! Thanks. I have this currently on my Homeschoolblogger blog and will put it on my blogger.com blog in the morining, maybe send some traffic your way!!!
Valerie

strokeofliving said...

How fun, I
'd better grab a round TUIT button quickly as this type of game/carnival/thingy can be fun! Good for you and happy blog anniversary.