Saturday, November 13, 2010

Metal Mouths

The twins are very excited about their new braces.

Actually, they are a little less excited now than they were when they left the house on the way to the orthodontist. Braces seemed really cool until they experienced the metal-on-lip feeling that all of us old-timers remember so well. Ugh. My teeth ache with the memory.

The idea of not having vampire fangs is still very appealing to them, but reality has set in and they are now understanding what I meant when I told them that it will be a long process and not much fun.

I must say that I'm very glad we're able to get the braces taken care of. A couple of years ago, when I realized that these poor kids had inherited my dental issues, I began to pray that somehow God would provide a way to fix their teeth. God answered my prayer!!! One of our supporters gifted us the full amount necessary to do braces for both boys. WaHOO!!! Granted, the cost here is significantly less than it would be in the US, but the amount, about $900 each, was still much higher than we could ever have afforded. Just one more instance where I get to see God take care of our needs (and our wants, too, from time to time!!!).

Dios siempre es fiel!!!
God is always faithful!!!

4 comments:

Jennifer C. Valerie said...

God is indeed awesome in the way that He provides. Thank God for faithful supporters who obey the voice of God and give when He says they should.

Matt5verse6 said...

I love watching God at work. Thank you for sharing how God is providing for you and your family. :) Thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. It is so nice to "meet" you. I'll add your blog to my "follow" list so I can keep up with your new posts.

Kindest regards,
Brook
www.Matt5verse6.blogspot.com

Doris said...

Awesome! They are so darling. I have twin boys also, both were in braces for a while, now both out and their teeth are beautiful. It's funny how when the braces come off, they kinda look like different (grown up) kids. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Love yours and will be back to check in on you. God bless you all!

Donna Perugini said...

What an awesome testimony! And what a wonderful God we serve.

You are an ambassador for Christ. As an ambassador, the country you are sent from and represent takes care of your needs. This is a definiton of the word, "Ambassador". I love it!

Thanks for following my blog!