Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Thanksgiving Blessing to My Friends


To be honest, Thanksgiving Day nearly passed me by unawares this year. I only just remembered on Saturday when I was in town, so I was able to get some cream cheese for our traditional Thanksgiving cheesecakes. Most of the "traditional" Thanksgiving Day foods aren't available here (or you have to pay an arm and a leg for them) so we've adapted, but cheesecake crosses all cultural lines!

My blessing for you my friends and family this Thanksgiving season comes from Colossians chapter 4 verses 2 through 6 (This is the NI-me version, so bear with me a bit)
Continue in prayer and watch in prayer with thanksgiving. Pray for us, too, that God would open a door to speak the mystery of Christ to those around us -- which is why we are here. Pray that we would show the mystery as we ought as we speak. Walk in wisdom toward those who don't understand the mystery, redeeming the time. Speak with grace, seasoned with salt, so that you would know how to answer every person who questions you.

I pray that God's grace would dwell in you richly this season and every day!

-- Rebecca
Click here to get around to it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheesecake, yum!!! :)
I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving even without the "traditional" foods. :)
Blessings,
vania

Sombra said...

Does Mexico celebrate a Thanksgiving day? Canada does, but it's in October.
Happy Thanksgiving from your Canadian BFS Friend.

Mrs. Sombra
BFS Teacher