Tuesday, March 03, 2009

The ABC's of Praise

Blogger Friend School
Introduction: This is a steal, literally, because I found it on Facebook and decided to use it this week. This is an expression of Praises to God- using the ABC’s. I thought this would be a good way to be able to Praise God and use every letter of the alphabet!

Assignment: Try to think of one thing you can say to the glory of God- one thing to thank Him for, a positive thing you can say about Him, or one of His Names-using each letter of the alphabet. You are allowed to make up words- if you can justify them by making it clear what you mean- and you may also use any foreign language (but please explain what it means) - and you can also use a thesaurus or dictionary if you get stumped. It’s a bit of a challenge, but I think you’ll enjoy it. Have fun with it!



Psalm 117
Oh praise the Lord, all you nations; praise Him, all you people. For his merciful kindness is great toward us; and the truth of the Lord endures forever. Praise ye the Lord!

A -- Awe-inspiring God
B -- Bountiful provider
C -- Christ the Creator
D -- Dealing with my shortcomings
E -- Enveloping me with love
F -- Faithful when I am faithless
G -- Good. The only One who is.
H -- Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God almighty
I -- Immortal, invisible, the one true God
J -- Just and merciful
K -- King of all kings
L -- Lord of lords
M -- Master of my life
N -- No other before Him
O -- Omnicient and omnipresent
P -- Prince of Peace
Q -- Quintessential (pure or perfect)
R -- Ready for battle
S -- Strong deliverer
T -- Towering fortress
U -- Unsearchable, unchangeable, unstoppable
V -- Vast, Victorious!
W -- Wonderful counselor
X -- eXactly what we need when we need it
Y -- Yes! All of God's promises are "Yes!" and "Amen!" in Christ
Z -- Zenith -- the goal toward which we press on

7 comments:

Sombra said...

a rainbow - the perfect Promise of His Salvation.

glad you liked my list.. I wish I knew more Hebrew to have completed the list

Sombra

babymakers said...

OOOOhhhh... color coordinated!

Wow. Good job!

Sheri said...

I had picked a couple that you did, so I went back and changed mine-we certainly think a lot alike when it comes to the ABC assignment. I am partial to your list cuz of it :-)
Hope all is well in MX-I see 2 of ya are serving in MX (from class) -blessings to you and yours

Anonymous said...

Pretty list! :)

Nancy said...

Oh!!! I just love the rainbow of colors you used. Love your list of words and how are you doing? Thank you for sharing...

Mrs. Nancy

Anonymous said...

Okay, I really like the "Envelope with love" one!

Great job!

MrsKerri
http://www.heartprintcottage.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! I love the way you did that. Stopped by to say hi. Have a wonderful week!