Monday, March 09, 2009

Fireproof...or not

Well, I'm trying to get a little caught-up on the past couple of months. Remember that post in December where I said I haven't had a bad sinus infection in years? Well, I should have known better than to brag. I've had 3 in the past two months. Ugh. I think I'm on the mend from the third one. Double ugh. I really don't want to take yet another round of antibiotics (I hate those things), but I'm so sick of salt and goldenseal I could...well, you get the picture.

Anyway, I'm upright and somewhat lucid today, so I finally posted about Evie's 10th Birthday. Next on the agenda are a couple of posts "pre-furlough" and then a few furlough fill-ins and then a post about the twins' birthday and then...we should be current. Then it will be time for spring break/semana santa, so I'll probably get behind again. As long as I don't get sick again, I'm Ok with falling behind!

Fireproof -- great movie. A little clunky at the end, but overall I'd give it 2 thumbs up. I'm hoping we can get it on DVD sometime and share it with the church here...assuming it has Spanish language.

Christmas trees -- are not fireproof. One of our family traditions is the Torching of the Tree. We usually don't get around to taking down our tree until somewhere mid-January at which point the thing is a crispy critter, so burning it is great fun. This year, our poor tree was already dropping needles by mid-December, so when Doug laid the torch on it in mid-January...WOW!








The time between photo #1 above and #5 was less than 2 minutes. Makes me very glad we live in a brick house!

No comments: