Thursday, October 01, 2009

It's My Party; I'll Have Pie if I Want To!

I promised a friend that I'd post the recipe for my peanut butter cheesecake a.s.a.p. Here ya go, Tresta!!!

This recipe was given to me by my Aunt Nancy and it's been a family tradition for years. I only make it once a year, because it's so incredibly rich!!!

You'll need one pie crust of either graham crackers or chocolate cookie crumbs. I do my cheesecakes in a 10" springform pan, but you can choose the pie plate you want to use. If you use a standard 9 inch pie plate, you'll need two.

Aunt Nancy's Peanut Butter Pie

Cream together:
1 cup peanut butter
1 8 oz. pack cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar

add:
2 Tbsp melted butter
1 Tbsp vanilla

Mix well.

Fold in 2 small (8 oz.) tubs of Coolwhip.

Mix well.

Pour into 2 small or one large pie pan. Chill and enjoy!!!

Told you it was eeeeasy!!!

Of course, it's a little different making this recipe here in Mexico. I haven't been able to find Cool Whip anywhere. That's surprising to me, since that stuff stays good in the freezer for years (practically). You'd think they'd be able to import it. Sigh.

Fortunately, I was able to improvise a bit. I ended up not making a cheesecake exactly, but it should be yummy!!!


Happy Birthday to meeeee!

4 comments:

Miss Sarah Jean said...

oooo... I want some too!!! Sniff, sniff

Glad that you had a great day!

btw, I need that recipe for cornbread... and I kind of need it today. I forgot my little book

Kathleen said...

This looks yummy! :-)

I can't get my email to you to go through for some reason (all I did was press reply), so here it is:

Hi Rebecca,

I send Jessee an email invite. I haven’t done a whole lot with this recently, although I am using it to post the writings from my students at Bright Futures (Bright Futures is an inner city group who is being “homeschooled” this year—you can click on the Bright Futures label on my blog if you want to read more about it. Anyway, I have promoted the site a bit to those I think will read and comment on the BFA papers, but other than that, I have not done much to promote it. Maybe you have some ideas for that!  Looking forward to your family’s participation.

Blessings,
Kathleen

Kathleen said...

I left you an award on my blog...

Anonymous said...

Oh my! That sounds tasty!