Friday, May 16, 2008

Happy Holidays!

Well, it's May 16th. Today is "Teacher's Day" in Mexico. We've decided that May is the most festive month of the year here. Yesterday, Esteban and I were counting the holidays. I'm sure I'm missing some, but here are what I remember: May 3 -- Labor Day, May 5 -- "cinco de Mayo", May 10 -- Mother's Day, May 16 -- Teacher's Day, May 26 -- something else, I think it's students' day. Each of these holidays warrants a day off of school AND since Labor Day and the 5th of May are so close together, they just cancel school for the whole week. And they wonder why the kids here don't read!

Anyway, today I wanted to share a special day with you...yesterday was the first day of hurricane season! Hurrah! Here's a photo of what we like to see when we check hurricane activity online:


Happy Hurricane season, everyone!!!

3 comments:

marine's words said...

came by to say Hola, and see what you have been up too!blesing marina

Pfingston said...

Yup
And I have a birthday on the 29th too!

Anonymous said...

May is probably our busiest month of the year! I am praying for a quiet hurricane season myself. I live in Florida.