Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Gap Theory of Blogging

Well, I'm seeing a bit of a pattern in my blogging over the past 5 years: I go "gangbusters", blogging every day or at least several times a week and then fizzle and have a big gap of a month or two with little-to-nothing posted. All I can say is, at least I'm consistent!!!

So, with no fanfare or lame attempts at trying to fill in the gap -- which would be impossible at this point: I live my life too quickly to try to catch up 3 or 4 months of blogging while trying to stay current -- I'm picking up where I am now, and we'll just pretend that the past few months didn't really happen...

...after all, they're just a blur anyway!

Highlights...
March

Our furlough in the States: Arizona, California, Oregon, Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona and Home. All summed up in 3 photos...

Our Family: Cold in Seattle


Saying Goodbye to Sarah in Oregon

April

Semana santa -- Holy Week -- the boys spent the week baking and selling breads, rolls and muffins.














They earned enough during the weekend to pay for their mission trip which is planned for mid-July. We'll talk more about that later!


May


Kids' Day!!!

Youth Retreat in Los Mochis

Lunch with friends.


Clam Season!!!


Finally getting around to gardening. WaHOOO!!!

Now I just pray that my internet keeps working!!! Man-o-man, have we been struggling for the past 3 months!!! Suffice to say that Telcel is NOT my favorite internet company, but since we have a one-year contract with them, I'll try to not grumble too much. I'm getting pretty comfortable calling the customer service center, though! I managed to be "firm but polite" last time I called, and we haven't been disconnected since. Hurrah!

I'll be back soon, Lord willing!

4 comments:

Laura Jane @ Recovering Chocoholic said...

I came over from the SITS 31DBBB forum, and I love your blog, especially your title! That is a wonderful title and I immediately recognized the passage it came from. My family were missionaries in South America when I was growing up, so I can relate.

Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to be a missionary...but the Lord hasn't called me up...yet. I write a Christian blog to share with other special needs families. Your blog is a blessing!

Brigitte said...

Dear Rebecca, so nice you came over and gave me a good feedback! Isn't that SITS fun? To meet new people and to connect, see their blogs and get their oppinion and support!
Thank you, your lines were very helpful to me and I loved all your encouraging words. I can relate to a spiritual way of life, as this is my resource too.

See you on the SITS forum where we will have a great week!
Brigitte

Julie said...

I do the same thing! I am a fastidious blogger for months on end, then life hits and I just don't find the time or the motivation for awhile. I do love your blog though! =)