Monday, September 08, 2008

First Day of School -- Pre-empted

When I went to bed last night, I was mentally prepared to begin school right after my morning exercise.

I was not mentally prepared for a torrential downpour which caused a waterfall to come through the boys' roof, down the stairs and onto my bookshelves.

After we did a "bucket-brigade" of sorts to empty the shelves into the living room and kitchen and then grabbed every loose towel we could find to dam up the small rivers trekking across our bedroom floor, we collapsed into bed.

I can say, "Thank you, God!" that we haven't lost power yet. I knew I wanted to sort through my books and get rid of some that are just "taking up space". Eventually. Some day. Looks like "someday" has arrived.

So we're changing the game-plan today. Ah, the flexible life of a homeschooler!

No comments: