Tuesday, November 04, 2008

From the Mouths of Babes

Gotta share...

So, we were doing a "deep clean" on the kitchen and Evie had volunteered to clean out the drawers next to the stove. I only have two drawers in my kitchen and they are supposed to contain important items such as potholders, matches, the stove starter, the rolling pin, waxed paper...you get the idea. Well, these drawers generally attract "stuff" like partial decks of cards, broken plastic pieces waiting for super glue, lids to who-knows-what, string, again -- you get it.

Anyway, Evie is cleaning and has a mountain of junk pulled out of these two drawers. I should have taken a picture, but I didn't really want to embarrass myself that much! I said, "Eve, you just put the things back in the drawer that belong there and put the rest of the stuff where it goes. Now, some of this stuff is just junk, so put it in this bowl."

Evie's simple and unrehearsed reply: "Mom, if it's just junk, why don't we just throw it away?"

I love this child.Evie -- My Kitchen Assistant
Click here to get around to it!

1 comment:

Muthering Heights said...

That's so funny! Good logic...