Here are the rules:
- Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
- Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
- Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
- Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here are seven things you probably never knew about me:
- I rebuilt a Yamaha moped in high school. I was the only girl in shop class. We had to choose shop or home-ec, and I had no desire to make an apron. I did want to know how to make my moped run better, so...
- I've driven a car at 130 mph and a motorcycle at 145 mph.
- Although I became a Christian when I was 8 years old and basically grew up in church, I rejected God and all things "religious" when I was 14. After 4-5 REALLY long years of trying to find happiness in anything and everything outside of a personal relationship with my creator, I finally realised that true happiness could only be found when I submitted to God's authority in my life. [Ever noticed that authority has the word "author" as its base word? I like that.]
- My husband and I met playing pool, and the first time he asked for it, I refused to give him my number. I told him I didn't give my number to guys I met in bars. The second time, I told him I'd take his number and "maybe I'll call you sometime". I ended up calling him the next day, he invited me to dinner and 3 weeks later, he proposed. I accepted and we were married 10 months later. That was 16 1/2 years ago!
- When I was little, I wanted to be a veterinarian. Now, I want to be a conductor (of music, not trains!).
- Every night when the kids go to bed, we pray with them and then we say, "Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed-bugs bite!" Then the kids reply, "If they do, smack 'em with a shoe, make 'em black and blue!" Then we all say, "I love you! God bless you!"
- Ever heard the rhyme "A tisket, a tasket, a green and yellow basket"? Well, Grandma gave me a green-and-yellow "sewing basket" for my 3rd birthday, and I still have it. It's only missing one button, too. Amazing, since the thing is plastic and is...ahem...more than 30 years old. All my kids played with it and every time little ones come to my house, I pull it out to play with.
Now I get to tag 7 people! Hmmm...how can I pick only 7???
Jennifer @ Fruitful Vine who is another missionary homeschool mom from St. Thomas, Dominica.
Candice @ Flame in the Darkness my dear friend who is today a missionary in Hawaii, but is in process of moving to Oregon (Pray for that girl! She has "two under two").
Melissa @ United in Christ is another good friend who came down to be a missionary in Mexico and ended up in Japan.
Betsy @ The Homeschool Way is another home schooler (hence the name) with an absolutely beautiful blog (IMO). It's worth it to just click over to see her header!
Jessie @ Overflow of a Forgiven Soul is another home schooler who is not a missionary, per se, but aren't we all missionaries, really? If anyone has a missionary heart, this girl does!
Another Rebecca @ The Hatfields who also moonlights over at Rebecca's Originals is neither a home schooler nor a missionary, but we'll forgive her!!! (Just kidding!) You've gotta see her photos! She has a great eye for colors and photo stories.
Wa-Hoo! I finished my first MEME. Only took me 3 days! How do you pronounce MEME anyway? Meem. MEE-mee. Mem. Meh-Meh. Whatever!